Looking for a challenge? How about opportunities that no other teens will have a chance to experience? The Civil Air Patrol has a cadet program for students ages 12 to 20 here and all over the United States. The cadet program is an adventurous challenge to do something cool, unique, and at the same time help you get into college, one of the military academies, or into military service right after high school.
As a member of Civil Air Patrol, you could:
- Serve the community through carrying the nation's flag in parades (color guard) and learning emergency services qualifications for search, rescue, and disaster relief
- Participate in dozens of summer activities every year ranging from Flight Academy and Hawk Mountain Search & Rescue School to Air Force Pararescue Orientation or Membership.
- Learn how to be a leader. Earn your way up through the ranks and hold a leadership position amongst your peers.
- Learn about Aerospace education, from model rocketry to flying an airplane.
- Make new friends and work together as a team.